Talking Under Water Episode 44: How is PFAS a One Water Issue?
In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen touch on a water crisis in Lebanon related to high fuel prices. The hosts also dig into the impacts of Hurricane Ida on all aspects of water, from drinking water to wastewater and storm water
Finally, the interview this month is with Scott Wilson, president and CEO of Regenesis. Del Ciello spoke with Wilson about PFAS, the impact on groundwater, a rise in consumer awareness and how PFAS is a One Water issue.
- Lebanon's fuel crisis is causing a drinking water crisis
- Ida’s Heavy Rains Send Louisiana Residents on a Hunt for Clean Water
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Faces Difficulty With Sewer System in Aftermath of Hurricane Ida
- New York & New Jersey Face Flash Flood Emergency After Hurricane Ida
- The Surprising Places PFAS Are Being Found
- Cold Open: 0:00
- Host Intro: 0:53
- Lebanon fuel crisis is causing a drinking water crisis: 1:38
- Host discussion on Lebanon drinking water crisis: 2:39
- Hurricane Ida wreaks havoc on eastern U.S.: 5:19
- Host discussion on Hurricane Ida: 7:55
- Introducing Scott Wilson interview: 11:11
- What is/are PFAS?: 11:52
- Where can PFAS be found?: 15:13
- Putting PFAS’ creation in context: 17:15
- The lack of analytical tools at the time of PFAS’ creation: 18:16
- How does PFAS impact groundwater professionals compared to surface water?: 19:10
- How is PFAS contamination a One Water issue?: 28:25
- Interview ends: 31:44
- Housekeeping: 32:07
- End: 34:26
- The Scranton Gillette Communications Water Group, which includes Water & Wastes Digest and Storm Water Solutions, is bringing a Water Pavillion to The Utility Expo Sept. 28 to 30, 2021 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Register for the event today at sgcwaterpavilion.com.
- Send the Talking Under Water hosts feedback on 2022 show topics: [email protected].
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.